Jan 20, 2011

Hello, I've officially known you for thirty days!


Hello bald guy, bet you're surprised. Thanks to you, I NOW HAVE NEW SHOES!!! HAPPY TTM

So four days ago, we spent five hours in town - grossly overcooked half-boiled eggs plus studying at the Esplanade Library, which I've never been to before. (I was at Unit 5 of the Vocab book and thought I was finishing soon - and then I realised the book didn't have 6 units, it had 15.)
And then at the rooftop garden - which I've also never known about - the Malaysian dude proceeded to point to random arbitrary buildings and enlighten Karen the Ignorant Singaporean about Singapore's future developmental projects and cultural sites. I learnt that Punggol Park exists. Oh and the floating platform is grassy.

AND I HAVE NEW SHOES! (If you hadn't pointed them out to me and I hadn't seen them, I probably would've settled for a pair I didn't really like.)

Enriching, enrichment club president. Now for the next enriching project - INCEPTION MUTS.

Anyway, thanks, dude, for accompanying me (through texts and meet-ups) these past...thirty days. It means a lot to someone like me who isn't all that good at making friends and has a tendency to feel lonely or neglected - or like a 'last option', and hence treasures friends who make her feel appreciated - and who do so sincerely. (Shout-out to WL, Reu and the rest!!! <3)

We've still got a long way to go. Watch out for my new shoes tomorrow.

No comments: