Oct 4, 2010

Funny when you're dead how people start listening

My thoughts struggled to hold back while I was studying for Econs, and after the exam they just broke through the paper-thin walls of resistance. Overwhelming thoughts, all about one.

You're in my arms, and all the world is gone;
The music playing on for only two

I'm so afraid to be committed to love again. Someone just told me, why be afraid to commit when you haven't tried? But my trying comes at a very, very high price. My emotions are intense. Intense. When love leaves, I die. I really do. I remember crying all over the place once upon a time. Thank goodness I've totally gotten over any feelings for that previous person. Even right now, I could think of you - the present you - and listen to some sad song and cry. I really could. Nothing has even happened.

Yet it feels like it's all happened already, and ended. It feels like the story began months ago, and it's ended, even though nothing has even begun.

So close to feeling alive


Sometimes I think I'm worth more. And sometimes I don't know. Sometimes I think I shouldn't take love so seriously, because you definitely wouldn't seem to, and it'll just be me dying in the end. But I know in the end, I'm still entrusting you with my life. That's why I'm so afraid.

Why am I even talking about this? It has already ended anyway, I'm very, very certain you no longer feel a thing for ugly me.
You know, with all that emotional torment you cause me, you don't even deserve me.

I've never felt the lovin' of a man;
But ti sure felt nice when he was holding my hand.


I've got a picture of you holding my hand.

No comments: