Aug 11, 2010

Don't kiss with dry lips!

I actually think things are great just the way they are right now. Thank you (:

-
FINALLY, AN ACTUAL PROPER POST

National day was spent with the two angels who introduced me to my dear JJ Lin at the age of 12.

We went to watch Inception. It's fantastic. No, it isn't mind-boggling (as long as you pay close attention throughout), it's just awesome. Kept me captivated throughout. I love the idea behind the movie. I think the particular theme of dreams versus reality is selling really well in today's hectic world, when everyone's seeking escape in fantasy. I mean, Avatar was about becoming something else, about fantasy becoming reality. And that sold really well too.

A truth she once knew, but chose to forget.

Everyone should watch Inception, really. Oh and I believe the last bit was a dream. They didn't show how he got into the house - you never remember the beginning of a dream - and it just seemed dreamlike to me. But whatever, it was meant to be ambiguous.

It's interesting, how you never remember how a dream begins. I've woken up at the 'beginning' of my dreams before - they weren't really beginnings. I was sort of in a planning stage, there were images in my mind - pieces of a dream. It was like I was coming up with a plot for my dream in my sleep.

"And then, there'll be flowers, and then, my best friend, and then, a po-cket-ful of... roses, and tulips, and then, the sun, and then, and then..." This kiddy voice would go on in my head. It's like a childlike way of piecing together a storyline for my dream. And there would be images in my mind as I ran through the 'plot'. Very interesting. Whenever I wake up in the middle of this "planning stage" I'm quite amused at what was going through my mind in my sleep.

Anyway, Inception was awesome.

"They come here to sleep?"
"No, they come to be woken up. Their dream has become their reality."

Don't we all understand how that would feel? In dreams, we're free. No boundaries that the laws of physics sets for us in the real world. We could fly. Sunshine could be pink and gold glitter. I could be a pretty girl with brown locks in a velvet dress. The moon could be a humongous silvery orb right outside my window - I could touch it.

And reality is just... disappointing. Suddenly things aren't like what we wished they were anymore. Deadlines, tantrums, irritating peers, eyebags. And the real world can be so mundane. It's restricted by laws - and other people - and gravity. And maybe sometimes some of us feel like zombies - soulless bodies that have forgotten what it feels like to live. And in dreams, we become alive.

(Or maybe I'm just trying to justify the twenty-minutes-or-more I spend during each exam daydreaming - or dreaming. HAHA)


So yes, and after some shaved ice and Auntie Anne's pretzels we went to Marina Barrage! The previous time we went there for a picnic it was empty and we had the most relaxing time ever. This time the Marina Barrage was packed, obviously. We ended up laying out our picnic mat on a concrete BRIDGE...-ish. Picnic on concrete. Fantastic.

Sometimes you have the best fun doing practically nothing at all, really. We had lots of food and three iPods. (Fine, I was the only one without an iTouch, but whatever, I CHOSE not to get it because it'd be too distracting.) Rachel's Korean songs followed by a few of my more recent English songs and then the awesomest - Backstreet Boys on Teressa's iTouch. AND THEN JJ OH JJ. We just have to do this every time we meet.

We played the old JJ songs and just sang along, reminiscing about the days we had sleepovers at Teressa's place (2005-2006) and watched Dong Jie on the projector / big screen in the dark room in her house, and how we got so angry at the girl JJ kissed in the video (He kissed her like crazy and OH HOW DARE SHE push him away!!!) and how we squealed when he smiled that swoon-worthy smile that never failed to melt my heart. (Yeah, at the age of twelve.) And then things started pouring out - how complicated people have made things in the JC / Poly world, how seventeen's the age of poison and hormones and tongues dripping with acid. And how we longed for the innocence of our primary school days again, when we didn't really have to think before we acted, when we were allowed to make mistakes.


Okay I've rambled enough. Time for Council stuff, byebye. I can't believe how much time I spent on this post.

No comments: