Jul 10, 2010

What do you say to taking chances?

What do you say to jumping off the edge
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold
Or hell to pay
What do you say?


It's painful to think about you. I guess I like to hurt.


The DEP showcase in school was really good. The one that touched me the most was by a guy called Timothy, about a mental illness.

You've got paranoid schizophrenia, but you're on long-term medication and you're as stable as anyone else in the room. But people look at your medical history, your behaviour... and deem you unfit. Unfit to be a friend, to be seen in public without being an embarrassment, to be close to people or do things like everyone else. Without letting themselves get to know you better to judge for themselves, they protect themselves by judging you by a diagnosis on paper and labelling you.

So you take comfort in the darkness inside you. Is that what they call... insanity?


Then there was the three J1 girls. Gloria's monologue (?) really spoke to me. It's something that would speak to people of our age group I guess.

I'll tell you what I'm doing here. I'm waiting for him. And I know he'll come because... I trust him. And ..... And I like him. I am in like with him and I like him and I know he'll come. I'll give him two minutes while I pay the bill... No, I'll give him three minutes, that's how long they'll take to get the bill ready anyway... He will come, just watch, and learn. Three minutes, starting.... now. He'll come any moment now. He'll come walking through those doors. Very soon...


-
"I'll ask my Crescent friend to watch Toy Story 3 with me."
"Sorry, I think she watched it already. I'm serious, she watched it with me."
"HAHA WHATEVER"
"Haha your friend said she was cold so I even gave her my jacket."
"Are you trying to make me jealous? Because it isn't working!"
"Okay fine. I won't tell you about the kissing."
"Ooh, scandalous in the cinema eh?"
"Cinemas are meant to be scandalous. They even kindly switch off the lights for you." - Hyun

No comments: