Jun 14, 2010

I'm an INFP. Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving

For the Feeling vs Thinking part of my INFP, out of all the questions, only one I ticked was for Thinking; everything else was for Feeling. I always rely on feelings, I just can't do something if I don't feel like it. (*glances at Math notes behind my laptop*) If I feel like doing something at that point in time, I have to do it before I can push the thoughts away. And when I'm really into a piece of work or a project, I'll get really irritated if I have to stop before it's done.

"INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkward and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs also appear frequently in social service professions, such as counselling or teaching. They are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic."
Very true. (Not the talented writer part lah, everything after.) I can't imagine myself in a job where I'm not writing or interacting with people. My future career must be feelings-oriented. (Teaching counts because it's interacting and requires passion/emotions.) If I'm dealing with facts and not with emotions or people, I'll turn mental.

"When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet."

This is too true. I'm very detailed when it comes to certain things and remember some things with intricate detail (although they may be altered by my own feelings with time) but, like, I don't even remember what my bedsheet looks like, or the colour of my bedroom curtains.

INFP Weaknesses:
May tend to be shy and reserved
Extreme dislike of conflict and criticism
Strong need to receive praise and positive affirmation
May react very emotionally to stressful situation
Have difficulty scolding or punishing others
Tend to be reserved about expressing their feelings
Tendency to blame themselves for problems, and hold everything on their own shoulders


"With their strong inner core of values, they are intense individuals who value depth and authenticity in their relationships, and hold those who understand and accept the INFP's perspectives in especially high regard. INFPs are usually adaptable and congenial, unless one of their ruling principles has been violated, in which case they stop adapting and become staunch defenders of their values. They will be uncharacteristically harsh and rigid in such a situation."

"INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything."
My good friends will know this. Amelia once said I was too naive because I refused to listen to the bad things about others. I usually don't see anything bad in people either, unless that person violates a value of mine.

"INFPs present a calm, pleasant face to the world. They appear to be tranquil and peaceful to others, with simple desires. In fact, the INFP internally feels his or her life intensely. The INFP does not devote their intense feelings towards just anyone, and are relatively reserved about expressing their inner-most feelings."
Yes, actually, but of course I express almost everything on my blog. Writing. Yes. I'm pretty reserved in real life, but because I'm such a feeler, everything that's bottled up is magnified a thousand times and I end up becoming very reserved and emo, being unable to push my feelings away before I release everything on paper / my blog.

Anyway, about my Feeling side. I always let my feelings guide me. I think that's my downfall. I need to learn to discipline myself and do things at the right time, not just because I want to do it. I need to learn to restrain myself, to hold myself back and remind myself that there's something that needs to be done and that doing what I'd like to do instead will result in unfinished necessary work. I learnt that while observing you. You're able to pull back from doing what you'd prefer to do, to turn to what you need to do instead. It's a level of discipline I can't seem to achieve. You seem to be able to switch off your feeling side. I do what needs to be done, of course - when it concerns other people and not myself (i.e. some project), because I would want to do it (and because it's usually something un-boring. I mean, who wouldn't rather work on a Council adhoc than revise Math? That's why when I have a list of things to do, I have to do what I like first. If not, it'll be weighing on my mind the entire time I'm doing the other things and I'll end up getting nothing done.

I'm also pretty perfectionistic, so I spend a lot of time on things (like Wesley's birthday present / my Vday gifts that resulted in me only getting half an hour's sleep). That makes the things I do seem pretty exhausting so it takes me a lot of effort to do something small.


I don't know where this is going. My brother wants to use the computer. I'll try to work on Math. Bye.

No comments: