May 14, 2010

Volleyball



AC's Volleyball Finals match against Hwa Chong was good. It's the first time (as far as the school knows) that AC's Girls' Volleyball team has made it into the finals so it was a really big thing for us. Hwa Chong was good, of course, but I was a little ticked off whenever they did that "Ohhhhhhh....SWA!" thing because it must have been super distracting for our girls. But it was a good fight. AC won two of the rounds and Hwa Chong won two too, and during the deciding round, for some reason they stopped when the scores were 10-15 (Hwa Chong leading), so Hwa Chong won. But I still think it was a great fight our volleyballers put up. It was, after all, their first time in the finals. And there were only three J2s in the team, apparently.

The Council elects were there for cheering duty. I made the mistake of leaning against the railings throughout the match; I didn't realise it was bad body language, oops. But I did scream shamelessly like a madwoman throughout, and I definitely don't regret it since there's no vocal lesson this Sunday. I screamed until I got a cut / ulcer on my inner jaw (you know, where the upper and lower jaws meet). It was partly also because I wasn't drinking enough water. It was a horrible sharp pain. Guess I should've brought a bigger water bottle along.

By the way, I thought it was kind of funny when at the end of the game, AC did Three Cheers for both our school and Hwa Chong's, but Hwa Chong didn't do it back to us. Hahaha. But they probably didn't hear the cheer in all that noise anyway.

But yup. It was great. Awesome job, AC Volleyballers (:

No comments: