Apr 8, 2010

PW woes

I'm in the same group as Nazi, Sarah and Chen.

I screamed real hard when I realised Chen was in my group and he went "YES! I'VE GOT THE SAIKANG WARRIOR!" but I actually think Chen isn't as bad as I make him out to be lah, I'm sure he'll contribute ideas and do what he has to. But I might get irritated when I see him stoning in a corner although that's actually what he does when he's thinking.

The thing is, both Sarah and Chen say that when they get angry, what they want others to do is to leave them alone and they'll get what they're supposed to do done. When I'm angry, though, it's because I'm not fully aware of what's going on or if we're doing things right and I need people to respond to me. And I'll end up drilling endlessly and talking in a very agitated voice. What a horrible combination. That means all of us must not be angry at the same time or we'll just die.

I think I'm quite a control freak because I'm quite a perfectionist. I'm usually also really stubborn and I have to change that. I'm always afraid we aren't doing things right or they could be done better and I guess that's why I always feel the need to be in the know.

Nevermind, no point worrying about that now. I need to learn to relax.

Geraldine, Amelia and Elgyn are in the same PW group. Together with Dave and Grace. I have VERY VERY few close friends in ACJC and I just hope that as Geraldine, Amelia and Elgyn hang out together a lot more and meet up with one another much more and I'm not there, our friendship won't become distant.

Breaking out breaking out breaking out of my comfort zone. It's a good thing, right? I don't know. Yes, I do want to forge stronger friendships with others in the class and my PW group is giving me the chance to do that, but I don't want to lose the closeness I have to those I'm already good friends with because they're in the same PW group which means they'll be doing things together a lot more too.


KAREN, RELAX

No comments: