Apr 15, 2010

Hello sleepless nights, goodbye drawstrings

I'm not happy with it and it's something I don't like telling people about (but I know I have to, and soon I'll have to proclaim it to everyone in the school as well).

When I looked at the list and realised something wasn't right, I panicked. And I just kept looking through the list again and again. I couldn't accept it.

And then other guys started crowding around the list and shouting their friends' names out happily and I couldn't take it anymore.
I think you deserve this much more than I do. I know you're really passionate about this and I have no doubt that you're capable of doing a fantastic job, better than everyone else. They should've seen that.

I wasn't happy at all. At all. Not that I'm not happy about making it past the auditions, of course, but truthfully speaking, I'd rather you get in than me.
If only I could fight for this, for justice, if only I were able to find a way to make negotiations. I don't want you not to be in this.

Now when people congratulate me I just can't smile genuinely. It doesn't bring me happiness or pride to be congratulated. I feel sick.


"I don't feel happy at all... I feel so terrible."
"Why? You should be happy, you worked hard for it."

No comments: