Apr 26, 2010

Flings with love

When I saw that chemistry, I immediately thought "wth". And then I thought...omg.

I need that.

-
One-liners were okay. I'm pretty sure we screwed up the waves we had practised so much for though.
Yes, so i went on stage and said "Hi, I'm KAAAAren and I CAAARE for you!" and that was followed by an attempt to wink (I ended up closing both eyes, stupid me, I knew that would happen). I think I said the line too fast, though, and didn't really emphasize much on the KAR and CARE, so some people probably didn't get it. But whatever, it's over. Geraldine's was really cute. The thumb-sucking was appaerently just for Timothy Mah.

I think Isaac (You Hyun Ho)'s one-liner was really cute, "Council isn't just about me, myself and I; it's about you, so vote for You!" and I remembered Pauline's entire one-liner after hearing it for the first time ("Hi ACJC! If you like to eat pau, then vote for me! Because I am a line of paus - Pau-Line! But please, call me Pauline.") I really liked Ghee Wei's one-liner ("The only way to vote for Council is Ghee Wei!") and a few others I can't recall right now. Anyway, I think it was pretty okay. I do hope I make it in.
The only actual friend I made during Council so far. Actually maybe Yuinyi would count too, because despite being half-classmates for two years, I never really spoke to her much until now. And May-Ann would count as a friend I made in Council too, I suppose, although I doubt we're close enough to be considered real friends yet - she's just a super nice and friendly and cute girl I hope I get to know better.

-
Pouring out my problems to Derrick after Math and to Joanne after Dance was great. I was feeling really moody before Math and I started laughing like crazy at Derrick in class; I think that helped a lot. It's great to be able to talk freely about your problems without having to worry about anything leaking out and random people finding out; it's a scary world here in AC. It's great to know that despite feeling super left out and close-friend-less and anti-social here in a world of gossip and slander where I have to watch my back and everything I do or say, there are still people who care for me, understand me and accept me for who I am, people who love me and whom I don't feel pressurised to be someone else around. It's fantastic. Thanks Der and Joanne. And I'll heed your advice, I really will try.
-

Editorial Board was a blast (for once). During our journalism workshop we were supposed to pretend it was the release of the A Level results and record an interview of a few people. Nicholas was the top scorer, Sarah Pang was the gangster (name: Claudius Khoo Jing Quan, HAHAH) whose life was turned around after befriending Nicholas, I was the cleaning aunty who was also the gangster's aunt and Esther was the interviewer and the discipline mistress.

The interview was hilarious; Sarah and I probably lost 2kg laughing our asses off.
Esther (interviewer): So how do you feel about your A level results?
Nicholas: I think they were spectacular, yah, spectacular... stellar, really...

Nicholas was so awesome in saying all that crap with a straight face and the stuff he said was hilarious (He said something about his father giving him his credit card and asking him to get anything he wanted, so he got assessment books and all that and he says it was really good for him, hahaha wth) - but, coming from a scholar and Sconer, and with that straight face, I actually could have believed everything he said about his stupid crazy study habits and all that rubbish, in which case I would have freaked out at his studiousness.

I hope I'm able to get an audio copy of the interview, it's worth keeping; I laughed so, so hard. So yes, I was the cleaner who commented that I used to see Claudius going to the toilet during lesson time a lot, and when I asked him why, he'd say the teacher's speeches gave him diarrhea or something stupid like that. And then one day I sat him down and told him that the A Levels were coming soon and he had to start working hard and do something about his bowel problem, and then he befriended Nicholas and suddenly started making much less frequent trips to the washrooms.

Anyway, yes. Editorial was actually really fun.
-

Major problem. Now that I'm only in the J1 dance for the Dance concert (*shoots self*, I really wish I was able to audition for Miss Wee's dance but it clashed with Council rehearsals), I only have to go for Dance on Mondays. Thing is, Editorial Board's on Mondays too, and I really don't think I should skip this journalism course sessions that I paid $128 in total for. But I don't want to lose out or cause everyone unnecessary trouble in Dance by not being there when I should either. This is bad, bad bad bad.

No comments: