Mar 30, 2010

FUN-O-RAMA 20

was also JJ's 29th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ!!!

So I was supposed to be the corpse and Chen and Jeremy were supposed to be the people running out from under the tables I was lying on. But the guys were having a lot of trouble coming out from under the tables because the space was too small for them and they had to lie flat on the floor and scramble out, which was quite un-scary. I, on the other hand, fit perfectly under the table with my knees tucked under me, so I could slide out and get up much quicker. So, DURING OUR VERY LAST REHEARSAL, we decided to switch roles. Risky but obviously a good decision.

Our first few rounds were horrible because we weren't used to our roles yet. I was also supposed to simply come out a little and scream and then slither back inside, which wasn't interesting at all. After the first few groups of people reacted super indifferently to our attempts at scaring them, we decided to "go all out". I remember in between the groups of people coming I was behind the tables talking to Chen and then I kept hearing someone call me, and then I realised Elgyn (who was a guide/butler) was under the tables where I was supposed to be, looking for me, HAHA. Then he said something about nobody being even remotely scared so we had to change our tactics and go all out to scare them. So I'd run out from under the tables. I'd immediately slide out from under the tables when Chen banged the table and then I'd run towards them.

The responses were getting better, I guess, but there were also a lot of failed ones. Most weren't afraid of me when I ran out, but found my makeup scary when they were close enough to see it properly, so I decided to go really near the people. It really didn't occur to me that I was within kissing range of a lot of them! I guess I just wasn't myself. I knew I was no longer Karen but a stranger whose job was to scare people - I was in control and could do what I wanted and it felt like I was using someone else's body. When I realised I was that close I got quite disgusted at myself and stopped it LOL.
My 3 corpses - Chen, Dave and Jeremy. Dave wasn't even supposed to be a corpse; he was the groom sitting with his bride and the "family portrait" and oranges and candles but he and Chen decided to switch roles for a while 'cos they were getting bored.
(Dave was supposed to sit where Jeremy's sitting.)

So anyway, when Jeremy took over Chen's corpse role, he suggested banging the table only after he had sat up for a very long time and everyone thought that was all. So we'd catch them off guard. The results were epic :D

I received a lot of F words from the guys. A number of girls freaked out when they saw me and fell down screaming and backing away. HAHAHA. There were so many "What the F**K"s and "Oh my gosh"s I felt rather accomplished. One really buff looking guy was threatening to hit me and kept pushing me away from him in fright. I got whacked lightly by a soft toy and big board.

Acting in the Haunted House is the only time comments like "F**K YOU" and "GO AWAY" make one happy!
This was taken in between scaring groups of people. I was bored. It was funny to see myself, Chen and Dave take out our phones to sms when we were done scaring a group of people and quietly put them back when the second group was coming.

Halfway through my shifts (6 hours in total), both my knees and feet got abrasions because I was sliding out from underneath the tables in a kneeling position. It hurt BADLY when I had to continue sliding out quickly with the super dirty floor against my abrasions half the time. The sole of my foot also got cut and my foot was practically black with dust from the floor, so a lot of it must've gotten into the cut. Ugh.

WHOO ELIZ WHOO GLORIA

After Miss Tan screamed that the AH Scare Factory was over, we screamed and blasted Tik Tok through the speakers for a while and all the 1AHers went crazy screaming and jumping along. It's seriously almost officially our class song.

When Miss Tan asked us to tell one another something we liked about the Haunted House, a 2AH senior I didn't know until that day (Kimberly) shouted "Karen! You rock!" :D

Then we went for a sort-of supper at Holland V!

Anyway, I really liked how much care and concern all of us showed one another during the Haunted House. I enjoyed the High-5s with Chen after we had done a successful scare (because things were pretty bad during the first half of the day) and I found it really nice that Jeremy constantly asked me if I was okay. When I hit my back against the table really badly while coming out he was really concerned too. (There's still a scar and it hurts loads!) And Han from 2AH actually took the trouble to help me get duct tape during the shifts while we were still supposed to be scaring groups, I thought that was really nice of him, especially since I don't even know him.

__ from 2AH met with an accident when someone accidentally dropped a pot that broke and cut her, and in the middle of a shift we had to stop everything and turn the lights on when someone sprayed water at a "ghost". At least nobody came and ruined our haunted house, though. Elgyn told me that in Cat High last year the haunted house had to be shut down within the first few hours of operation because the sports people came and cut the trash bags they had used to create walls. (We were using trash bags too so I was pretty afraid of that!)

Anyway, HAUNTED HOUSE YAY!

No comments: