Jan 28, 2010

VA VA VOOM, VA VA VASILIA!

Pictures won't be posted today because I really have to go and sleep soon.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL WAS AWESOME. I was late, though, and really panicky. Had to stand outside the hall on the first day of school D:

Saw so many Crescentians everywhere, yay! In addition to the 17 I had mentioned previously, there's also Winnie, Nicole, Rongrong, Esther, Sheena and a lot of other Crescentians I don't even know O.o

Had a few talks and then it was ORIENTATION TIME! Clan = Vasilia, OG = Vetar. Had some games and cheers and we learnt a little of the mass dance. I can't believe it; during the mass rally, Jayme, Joey and I seemed to be the only ones in our area screaming like crazy and jumping while cheering while many others merely stood around awkwardly and cheered less-than-half-heartedly. I screamed myself hoarse. I've got a sore throat now; just downed a whole pot of Rooibos tea. I guess the Crescent spirit will forever be with me.

AND my nose and cheekbones are red. OMG. I've never been red before. I've been baked in the sun countless times but I'd just get super tanned. I'm actually red. I can't believe it. It's quite cool. I just hope my skin doesn't start peeling.

One of my Orientation Group Leaders, Ching Sheng, LOOKS LIKE MR LEO LEE. Especially when he laughs / smiles. It's actually scary. I mean, maybe they don't look so similar now but I'm betting that Mr Lee looked exactly like Ching Sheng does now when the former was eighteen.

I'm Orientation Group Rep. The only reason I decided to do this is because I know I'm not bad at organising contact information to add everyone on Facebook and making a Facebook group and organising outings when I feel like it. I mean, I made a 6B Facebook group and invited everyone to outings and made sure everyone replied to confirm their attendance and I must say, managing to get 25 people AND Mrs Foo to turn up was quite a feat. The number of people who turned up for previous primary school gatherings was never even half of that. I even managed to contact those who hadn't seen us since P6.

I should've gone to bed long ago. I still have to print out the contact list ahhhhh. But I think it'll be fun being OG Rep with Joey (:

I'm really glad that I was able to make a considerable number of new friends today. I mean, ever since my very emo period in Sec 2 I've become quite anti-social, but I realise I'm slowly beginning to learn to come out of my shell; to stop worrying about what others might be thinking about me; to learn that in order to feel accepted I have to assume that I already am; to be more unreserved. I'm glad. I hope being OG Rep will motivate me to become even more sociable and open.


...MY VOCAB RANGE IS APPALLING.

No comments: