Jan 18, 2010

Sons of Singapore ~ (RI song)

HAHAHAHA OMG CHECK THIS OUT

Resorts World Sentosa actually found my tweet! Like LOL. Quite cool eh? I mean, I never expected something like Resorts World Sentosa to have a Twitter account. For what? Updates on how the construction's going? (Okay, RW Sentosa, if you find this blog post.. it's a casual comment :/) And I never even knew that was what it was called. Resorts World Sentosa. O.O

-
Bought two tops at Zara at 313@Somerset today! I really like the blue one I bought. It's M because the only S sized one left was in black and it looked weird. It's oversized, yes, but it doesn't look weird on me.. I hope! It looks like it was meant to be like that. I think. I hope. I love it, I really do. The other one's pink, I can't believe I bought it. Both were paid for with my own money but they were on sale so yay! I'm really satisfied. Still, nothing beats my blue kimono-ish top from F21. I keep wearing it 'cos it's my favourite top... now it's dying already. I wish they still sold it.

Then I joined my brother for dinner at his friend Ariel's birthday dinner party at NUSS The Graduate Club. The kids there were all from Henry Park's Gifted Programme and all of them are now in Raffles Institution too (except two who are in NJC IP). I have never felt less intelligent. The kids, being thirteen-year-olds, were extremely noisy. I, being the bored introvert I was, took time to analyse some of the boys' features. It was interesting to be able to visualise how these kids would look like as adults decades later. HAHA.

When the birthday cake came... Ariel's dad and all the kids started singing the RI school song. I couldn't believe it. Like LOL. Interesting. When they sang the phrase "Sons of Singapore" and I looked at the loud, playful, pre-puberscent thirteen-year-olds I was like, "okay... these are the Sons of Singapore. I guess we're doomed."

It was like, what, a two thousand course meal -.- The plates just kept coming. Boys have short attention spans so after the first hundred courses they began to walk around and play and everything, so a lot of food was untouched. I ended up stuffing myself because I couldn't stand seeing so much food go to waste. Think about Africa... Cambodia... Haiti... the beggars on the street everywhere else... if only we could pack all the food and send it to them.


CHILDHOOD PALS TOMORROW YAY

No comments: