Jan 12, 2010

Non-bilingual language centre

I do not like Nanyang Language and Business School.
There are usually two girls who take care of the front desk: one who speaks English, and one who can't. Half the time, when I try to call the front desk, the girl at the counter can't speak in English. Or her English is so horrible I can't comprehend what she's saying. Today I got so irritated saying "huh" all the time and trying to guess what she meant that in the end I said "Can you speak Chinese?" and she went "...Chinese?" and I was like OH FML. So I just switched to Chinese. And we all know my Chinese sucks, so conversing wasn't easy, but at least we could understand each other.

By the way, my parents are thinking of switching Japanese schools. They say that they took Japanese classes from a Japanese who was really good in English (my teacher speaks in Chinese and he wasn't Japanese but he lived there for ten years) and their teacher records his lessons down on videos and you can just go to the school any time and watch the videos too. Isn't that awesome? So yeah I might stop this Japanese class. Probably when the 12 lessons I've paid for are up. And then I'll switch - provided that I still have the time for Japanese lessons.

No comments: