Jan 20, 2010

I love my church

I've been keeping Haiti in my prayers. And by the way, Janelle - the one with neuroblastoma cancer - draws great for her age. And she'll be undergoing her seventh round of chemotherapy on Friday. Let's pray.


I've always been thinking about adopting a kid when I'm older and married. I mean, why bring another life into the world when there are so many unwanted kids already? Singaporean kids are also mostly quite ungrateful and don't really treasure and understand how privileged they are to grow up in one of the #23rd country on the Human Development Index, where primary school is compulsory, where we grow up around air-conditioning, great medical care, education facilities etc. and seven-year-olds have mobile phones. There are kids out there who have never experienced the love of a parent and because they know what it's like to feel unwanted or abandoned by your own parents, they'll treasure the love their foster parents give them and be thankful for all they have. I would like to be able to give parental love, a great education and a bright future to a child who otherwise might never be able to experience all these.

Of course, I'm not assuming they don't enjoy their lives in the adoption centre / orphanage. They'd foster unbreakable bonds with their friends there, especially because they've been through everything together and they understand how one another feel. My aunt runs an orphanage in her home and the kids are lovely. Unfortunately, all I could do is smile and try hopelessly to communicate with one girl to teach her how to play some flash card game I gave her because she could only speak in Chinese.

If I adopt a boy from China (Can't take any more girls away from them!) I'll be able to communicate with him a little. Cute obedient kids from Japan are THE LOVE but I can't say much in Japanese, apart from phrases like "I don't understand" / "What time does this shop open and close" / "Who's at the reception desk?". I guess I need more Japanese lessons. Maybe Cambodia / Vietnam. Sierra Leone? :O Ethopia? "There are around 2 million orphans here in Uganda and the babies and children’s homes are all just bursting at the seams."

(http://faithfulheartministry.com)

No comments: