Jan 21, 2010

Faith surpasses all reason.

I guess I'm a very analytical, practical person. If there isn't any solid evidence or previous experience for me to base my "faith" on, I doubt. And that means that even when I believe something will happen, it's not really because of my faith in God but because of my own reasoning. For example, if someone appoints me to speak for something in Church, I'll be very anxious but I might calm myself down because sometimes I can speak better than I think. Like I never expected myself to be able to scold as a Discipline Mistress but after a few months I began to be better at talking (or scolding) than I ever thought I'd be. And yes, I'll also pray and know that I can trust in Him, but my own reasoning comes first.

Why do I have so little faith in God? The God who gave me an A1 for Chinese even though I screwed up, gave me an A2 for Biology even though I didn't study it at all and blessed me in so many other ways is also the God who blessed the elderly couple Abraham and Sarah with as many descendants as there were stars in the sky. Faith is all I need and it surpasses my own human reasoning.

I will learn to trust completely in Him, even when situations seem to predict otherwise.

-
You never fail to amaze me with your devotion to God. God was thinking of you when He said "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Tim 4:12). I just wish I could get to know you better. I've made the first moves... in fact, I've made so many moves I seem like an idiot. Come too, will you?

No comments: