Dec 1, 2009

SO much to blog, so many restrictions

Okay the Internet connection here is sucky slow so I guess I'll wait till I go back to Singapore before I blog my maddeningly long posts about all four days so that I can add pictures and videos in as well. I wonder if anyone will actually read them.

Oh how I wish wish wish I could do all the blogging now. So so much to say. I also have two other rather long posts with pictures to post besides these - Jan & Mad Sleepover and Jack's Place with the childhood pals.

The rest of the CNA clan's at Time Square or Kowloon now so only Jollin and I are here at the hotel. Okay I want to ask the world a question but I doubt many will reply me on my tagboard but whatever, here goes:

HELLO WORLD LOOK HERE PLS HELP

I love writing - columns, articles, whatever, not books - but my vocabulary sucks and my grammar's much less perfect than a lot of other people. So even though I love it, it's not what I'm best at. I think I'm quite good at managing. Don't look at my bloody messy table/hotel bed. When it comes to work I'm pretty meticulous. I think it's a Crescent thing. So I guess I've got a potential in managing, even though it's not exactly a career I'd like to envision myself in right now because what comes to mind are offices and mundanity. I like to express myself through words, and I would like to make an impact on people. I'd like to influence people on a personal level.

So I like writing, and so I want to go to Poly and do print journalism. But what if one day I suddenly become sorta practical and think, perhaps I should think in terms of which career would get me more money, and want to try managing instead? It'd be too late to turn back.

So I was thinking maybe being an editor would really suit me, since I get to write, read, judge and organize. But that's, like, a top job, it'd probably take mega long to climb that high up the career ladder.

I really don't want to do JC because I don't like the idea of mugging so hard continuously (that's already bad enough) on information that isn't useful to your future career - or mine, specifically. In Poly you're doing a Diploma, so you know that whatever you're mugging is essential information you'll need in your job in the future. Your mugging has a purpose further than getting a good grade on a certificate.

So that's my dilemma. So, Poly or JC?

(No matter what I want to make it to Uni. Preferably an overseas one. In particular, Australia.)

PLEASE give me opinions? Especially people who are/have already been in Poly/JC/Uni?

No comments: