Oct 22, 2009

I won't tolerate being ordinary for long.

I'm a task-oriented introvert, but I'll learn. I'll learn to speak up, I'll learn to be daring and not be afraid of failure, I'll learn to be sociable, I'll learn to be well-liked, I'll learn to grow out of my timid shell.
I know I'm special and I know there's something inside me waiting to be unleashed.
I won't be hidden, unnoticed. I won't be this ordinary.
Someday I shall rise up above the earth and prove my worth.

God gave us all life for a reason. I won't tolerate sitting here. I want to make a change. I want to leave my mark - and not a pathetic one like the stuff I wrote on the table upon leaving Crescent:


I want people to really know me, I want to do something to change the world.

That's why I want to be heard.

That's why I hope one day the world will hear my opinions. Through my little blog first, and then through the media. Newspapers, magazines - I want to be a columnist. Like Jason Hahn and SM Ong and Colin Goh, I want to make people laugh and feel they can relate to me. But more than that - I want to contribute to the world. I want my opinions about things that matter to be made known. Things like global warming, growing up, infatuation, hormones and teen sex. I want to make society think. I want to make a change. I want us to reflect on our actions, the destruction we're causing, the morals we're losing.

That's the only reason I want to take Mass Communication and that's why I want a career in writing.

Now you know.

I want to sing too. I want to be a backup singer because backup singers are the real singers - the ones who really depend on their voices for a living, who don't need to be good dancers/lookers/actors/hosts as well to be popular. They can be themselves while performing on stage. They can do what they really want - singing - without having the worries of a singer, who's supposed to be "all-rounded". But I also want to be known - so that I can bring people closer to me and let more people know about my opinions, to achieve my ultimate goal.

Singing for church would be awesome too but I doubt I'd make it. It'd be lovely to use your talent to bring people to God. I want to do that through my writing too.

I will.

No comments: