Jul 11, 2009

How do you break up with someone because you love him too much?

Thank you, Rev Dr AR Bernard, for making me realise something.
It doesn't help me get any closer to my decision - break or not - but it made me realise something important. God has that way of working things - making you realise/learn stuff but leaving the final decision up to you. It's IRRITATING. I want to know what He wants me to do so that I can do it, or try to do it as much as I can, anyway.

See, when Adam ate the fruit of knowledge, he was sinning by disobeying God. Disobedience was the act of sin. But it wasn't really the sin itself; the sin was what motivated him to disobey. What motivated him to disobey? He put something before God. God wasn't priority, so he listened to what the serpent said instead of God.

Idolatry = finding security/meaning in something/someone else other than God. Putting something/someone before God.

The problem with our relationship isn't so much of what everyone else thinks it is. The problem, I feel, is that we put each other, our relationship, before God.


So the problem is that we love each other too much? Okay I guess less for me because I really do pray that you'll be closer to God than me quite frequently, or that God'll help you everytime you fall. I... want you to be very very close to God. If through this, you can become a great Christian, I would be very happy and wouldn't regret this decision. If you backslide or be influenced by your friends, I don't know how to forgive myself - it'll just be another stupid mistake of mine that affected you, along with the long long list of others.

How do you break up with someone because you love that person too much?

But the other argument is that I love you too little. I don't want you to get so hurt anymore. I know you love me more than I love you and it really isn't fair to you. You don't deserve to be treated like that.. by someone like me. You're the sweetest person anyone could ever find. It isn't fair that I manage to hurt you the most, with the least effort. It sucks and I just want to stop hurting you. Come out of your shell and realise that there's so much more to the world than this.




I DON'T KNOW.


Yao De, Sumay, remind me why I'm doing this again.

No comments: