Jul 7, 2008

OBS?!!

I'm the best; I realise I still haven't even blogged about OBS (12 - 16 May), so I'll just do a little about it now :D

LIVINGSTONE - TRACY.

On one of the days we had some high element thing I think. There were 6 logs like ladder rungs hanging from ropes, and the distance between the first and second log wasn't that far but the distances between the logs got further and further apart as you moved along. I paired up with Sharani and we were sort of dying, haha. Nearly made it to the top but we both just couldn't do it ): I had to step on Sharani's thighs to climb to the higher rungs because I was shorter D: SORRY SHALU!
Uhhh but I remember that there was one of the days we had to kayak for like 7 hours to some weird island thingy. I kayaked with Yingyan and Gina (I think) :D
OMG KAYAKING IS THE LOVEEEEEEEEEE. Plus I got this really cool tanline on my calves which like, ended really abruptly around the ankles area so there was a really distinct tanline HEEHEE.
Oh, and I didn't pee in the sea. :D HEEHEE
"Drinking" sunblock didn't really work because whenever I tried to apply it it would just get washed away by the seawater again. And I was like damn smart lah. Whenever I applied sunblock it would get all over my fingers right? Then whenever seawater got into my eyes it would sting like mad, so I would rub my eyes with my sunblock-coated fingers and I'd end up screaming, like every 5 minutes. -.-
Oh and the cap thingy at the back wasn't even secured tightly so actually we were in danger of capsizing the whole 7 hours without noticing :D
Oh and when we were kayaking there was this part where we passed by Singapore (mainland) and we all started getting so homesick and someone joked "Kayak to Punggol!" :D
The stupid stupid stupid island was filled with wild dogs and there was no place to pee or whatever so we had to do everything in the bushes HOHOHO. I peed with Kelly I think? But we faced different directions lah.

Oh and when we arrived it was freaking late and we had to build our tents IN THE DARK. And as if that wasn't bad enough, at the beach we can't stick the tent pegs in so we had to use ROCKS to tie the strings holding the tents down, so our tents kept collapsing. (We were using the super small old rubbish ones, not the new orange dome ones ):
Oh and like Sharani and I had to change our pads in the tents -.-
Saw a few wild dogs during my group's night watch, waved the torch lights around like mad. :D

And the trekking thing was quite HENG, because we were supposed to trek for goodness-knows-how-many-thousand-kilometres carrying super heavy haversacks containing the stuff we were going to wear/need for the next three days (I think?), but due to heavy rain we had to go back to Camp 2 twice because of Cat 1 thunderstorms. ;D HOHOHO! So in the end we just trekked to Camp 1 which was only about, I can't remember, 2+ km? *shrug* Anyway it was much shorter than what the others had to trek lah.
When we were in the forest there were so many freaking mosquitoes and sandflies around and I was jumping around like some idiot because I was wearing FBTs and didn't have insect repellent on and everyone was laughing at me -.-

OMG CAMP ONE IS SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH COOLER THAN SUCKY CAMP TWO CAN?! I hope everyone goes to Camp 2, if not I'll be freaking jealous ): There were wild dogs at Camp 1 too but they were very friendly and stuff :D
At Camp 1 we were so amazed by the high-tech stuff (You have no idea how much just an air-conditioned room can mean to you when you've been out in Camp 2 and at that stupid beach okay!) and we were all screaming in ecstasy even though we knew we weren't going to sleep in the dorms or use the swimming pools. Just being able to SEE civilisation was good enough can D:
The showers were full so Yingyan and I decided to bathe at the public showers near the swimming pool. OMG WE WERE SCREAMING IN SHEER JOY CAN, finally after spending a day at the sucky beach we could actually BATHE :O we were like "OMG THE COLD WATER SO SHIOK!" and Tracy was kayaking in the swimming pool (-.-) and saw us and asked if we actually felt clean :D
OH AND I SAW SHERMIN when we were bathing! MISSED HER SO MUCH MAN. :D She was like "O.O WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!" XD
And for the first time, we didn't have to cook our own dinner! :D We actually had food SERVED to us can, and we were so freaking happy even though there were flies in our bowl and everything. CIVILISATION! REAL COOKED FOOD! :O

Oh there were one of the days where the teachers came to visit us for like 5 mins I think. There was Miss KarenTan and MRCHOY and MISSJOANNALIM!!! :D

Hokay, anyway I was so elated to return home can :D Met laogong after camp I think!
And it was so funny because I started feeling quite relieved that I didn't have to put sunblock/insect repellent whenever I left the house. after OBS everytime I heard the phrase "It's gonna get dark soon" I'd think "Oh shit, no time to pitch tent" -.-

Hokay. I still don't have the pictures yet. Damn best right? :D

No comments: