Dec 1, 2007

japan 1st december 07

yuko, her dad and i went to the hotel where all the teachers and parents were! met all the adults there. then the adults split into two groups. yuko and i followed around 10 other adults (including her dad). we went to this place with a cool view of the pacific ocean!

and yuko’s dad bought me ICE-CREAM! teressa was right, the ice cream here is much creamier than singapore’s! and because it’s so creamy, it dosen’t freeze your tongue. in fact it isn’t that cold at all, just really creamy and sweeeeet! x33333
and we went to another shrine. and there was this little cave where people hung a lot of wishes on the walls.
wishes for people to get well soon, to rest in peace, to have good health, for long lives, for long-lasting marriages... to hang these little 小小的心愿s on the wall together with thousands of others, it’s really quite romantic isn’t it?
romantic not as in the love sense lah, as in the... sentimental sense. okay i can’t don't know how to descibe it. :/
and we pay 100 yen for 5 red stones, and we make a wish and if it lands in the water thing in the middle of the rope circle, it means your wish will come true. guess what i wished for, laogong :) 4 of my stones made it in the circle but none made it into the water thing :(

later our family went to sharon’s host family’s house for dinner!

sharon's host's nephew asked me what my name was and i said “Karen”. and he just gave me a blur look.
and when he asked mrs suresh for her name she went “oh, my name’s rena” and he repeated “rena” immediately. X(Q
i realise that all the japanese people pronounce my name as “kah-rain”. sharon told me that i should tell people my chinese name (yunyi) instead - she tells all the japanese people that her name’s kaiqi instead of sharon. but my host father can’t pronounce yunyi correctly, he pronounces is “yooni”.
i should change my name to KARA, what derrick used to call me. they will be able to pronounce that correctly right? XP
sharon’s host mother and grandmother and The Good Friend Of The SAJAFA President Who Fetched Sharon And I To Our Host Families’ Homes On The First Day Of The Homestay gave sharon and i a bag full of HUGE ORANGES AND APPLES and cute persimmons. the apples are HUGE.
-guess which's the lousy apple from singapore.
(ignore the chick thing. xD)
and i hate nice toilet paper with cute prints on it, like shermin’s dolphin-print one and sharon’s host family’s rose-print one. it just makes me feel so guilty about using it because i’m going to wipe my ass on it anyway o.o
i guess that’s one way to save paper. :/ last time when i told jt about shermin’s toilet paper she started laughing like shit. jt next time if i go to shermin’s house i will take a pic of her toilet paper for you kay :D

No comments: