Oct 16, 2007

TO ALL JMS.

there was a JM who died from a disease on sept 6, at first i just skimmed through her "last post" on one of the jj forums because it was all in chinese but now that someone has translated the post into english, i read it all over again and felt so much heartpain..
a few quotes:
"JJ's talent is low-profile and balanced, and not like others, who started being proud and arrogant after composing a song or filming a movie; JJ's hard work is never announced to the world, but the large difference in the dances of “KO” and “Jiu Shi Wo” is obvious. Nobody knows how much sweat had JJ put in, while others just entitled themselves as “Dancing King” or “Singing Diva” whenever they feel like it.
Perhaps that’s the Chinese entertainment industry – money is the key to everything? Perhaps by acting innocent and pure, just by acting cool or funny just by appearing on stage and showing off some skills, you can get everything? Nothing is impossible, as long as you can storm out tabloids wave after wave?"
"When an emcee asked JJ what else he knows other than beat-boxing, he replied, “Not much actually, I only know some vocal tricks and beatboxing. Haha!” But when the media asked him to intimidate the sounds of birds and wolfs, he won the praises of the media."
"The interviewers asked if he worries about having too little tabloids. 'Tabloids? I don’t really like the feeling of being too “fake”. I don’t know how to churn tabloids out, after all! I prefer being more sincere about things.'"
"After the release of “Cao Cao”, the interviewers deliberately threw questions about the Three Kingdoms, trying to embarrass JJ. “Who do you admire most, Cao Cao, Liu Bei, or some other warriors in the story?” “ Many people now wanted you to act as Jia Baoyu. Do you have any opinions about that?” “Jia Baoyu? Who’s that? Sorry, I don’t know about him.” The next day, the news about JJ not knowing who’s Jia Baoyu spread to all corners of the world. Making a foreigner talk about China’s history? Are you kidding?! Furthermore, Jay Chou also mistook Lei Feng as a rock singer, Jolin Tsai don’t know the Three Kingdoms and messed it with Qing Dynasty’s timeline, Wang Leehom doesn’t recognize some basic Chinese characters like “embarrass”. Why don’t they make a mountain out of a molehill from all these unforgivable mistakes instead? We, JMs, should protect our dear JJ all around him even more, and not for publicity."
"I’m really leaving, as my disease is deteriorating too fast. But I will never forget, I am always a part of JM, no matter where I go, I had know of many kind JMs, and also heard the world’s most beautiful voice, and had bonded with the world’s greatest person – JJ Lin."

so nice right?
i mean some people may rebutt, i know what you guys are going to say already, but don't spoil it by tagging your hurtful comments on my tagboard okay? after all, she's not even around anymore.
i've always wanted to blog about something like that, but i know people will say I'm unreasonable, I'm stupid, I'm biased against JJ because I love him so much. That's why I try not to, and usually post two sides to an opinion on my blog.
I always feel I have to look at something from a unbiased point of view before talking about it on my blog, instead of looking at something through tinted glasses because I don't want disagreements on my blog just because of my bias. But sometimes i just wish that I really could just pour out my most real feelings, how I really want to protect JJ from all the negative comments, even though I know he's not the best singer to other people, just me and other JMs.
(see? i'm doing it again.)
It's my blog after all, shouldn't i have the freedom to type what I want?
Noone's stopping me of course; it's just me stopping myself..
To 西界暗夜精灵:
I know you can't hear me, but I do really want you to know that your post made a huge difference in my way of thinking, and I really appreciate that. Thank you for letting the whole world know of JJ's nobility because I think he'd be really touched too.
I don't know how to put down in words how I feel about your post anymore, it's just this great heavy feeling at the bottom of my heart. I'm grateful, I'm touched.
Thank you, that's all I can say really.

No comments: